Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Healthy Nutrition-Packed Cookies.





These cookies are great for:
~your sweet tooth
~a pick-me-up snack
~a pre-workout snack
~an ingredient for a healthy shake (I threw it in my vanilla Shakeology. YUM!)


Some of the many benefits

Oats - rich in fiber and minerals
Pumpkin - beta-carotene antioxidants, potassium, vitamin A
Cacao - high in antioxidants

*Stevia is a sweetener that comes from a leaf. Stay away from artificial sweeteners! 
*Peanut butter should have only one ingredient-peanuts. (go organic!)

(for more benefits of these ingredients, go to medical news today.)

Recipe

Combine:
1 c oats
1/2 c pumpkin
1/8 c stevia
1 TBS cacao powder (100%)
1 TBS nut butter (I used Adams natural PB)
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste. 

Spoon onto a non-stick or greased (I used coconut oil) baking sheet.
Bake at 355 degrees for 12-18 min (depending on desired texture).
Remove and let cool completely.
ENJOY!
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment