Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Staying healthy and fit on-the-go!

Summertime is approaching! It's the most popular season for travel or vacations and being extra busy! How are you supposed to stay on track with your health and fitness progress? Here are some quick ideas for snacks on-the-go, or your "fast food." Here is a list of what I brought with me when I was on my last road trip/vacation with my husband: Shakeology (of course), PB2 (powdered PB with 85% less cals) for my Shakeo, sprouted whole grain pretzel puffs, kale chips (you can even make your own!), freeze-dried strawberries, mixed nuts, almonds, dark chocolate covered cranberries (for my sweet tooth), Old fashioned oatmeal, and KIND, Quest, or Laura bars. I also brought my E&E (Energy and Endurance) to help me power through my workouts! (It's an all natural pre-workout!) A few times we had to drive-thru for food...I either got a salad, or I would get a Protein Bistro Box or Classic Oatmeal without the brown sugar from Starbucks! (Of course I also had to get my tall un-sweetened green-tea latte with non-fat milk...I love Starbucks and I swear they put something in there to make it addicting.) Another time, we went to Wal-Mart and my husband suggested a fruit and veggie tray to share for the road! Genius! (See, your good habits will eventually rub off on others, so don't be discouraged by weird looks or comments you get when you break out your healthy foods.) ***As far as staying on track with your fitness: If you are staying at a hotel, make sure it has a gym inside you can use! If you are staying with family, you can go for runs or walks, or clear a space in a corner in the room and do some exercises. (I was literally doing ten min. abs on the bathroom floor at my Aunts.) Another GENIUS idea is BEACHBODY ON DEMAND. All you need is your tablet or laptop, a little moving room, and you're good to go! You can stream from 11 full workouts and 8 sneak peeks. I hope this has inspired you to stay dedicated and make health and fitness a part of your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment